Friday, January 31, 2014

Racha Moo Yang

I discovered this tiny street stall restaurant a few years ago in Wan Chai and have been a regular ever since. Had some lunch here today and thought I would share the goodness. Racha Moo Yang is really just simple honest Thai food. Sitting by the street with those fold-able tables and plastic chairs really brings back memories of my childhood, so this place really hits home for me. If you've been searching for a place in Hong Kong for authentic Thai food, search no more! Every single dish I have ordered here is packed with a punch. If your tummy can't take the spice make sure to let them know before you order! There have been occasions where the spice almost knocked a few people out.

If you know me, you have most likely already eaten here (I have raved about it to almost everyone I know). I would definitely recommend their Stir fried noodles with chilli and Thai hot basil (Pad Khi Mao). You can have it with beef, pork or chicken, but I usually just have it with veg. The portion doesn't look too big below but you could share it between the two.


Their girlled pork neck (Kho Moo Yang) is THE BEST, and they actually grill the pork and not pan fry it, like most places here. It is soft, succulent with a bit of crispy char on the outside. Their homemade dipping sauce really complements the pork, it's salty, spicy, sour and sweet. Just typing about this is making me want to go there and eat it again

 

The seafood here really well made too. I've had it a few times but didn't order any today, BUT, I did take a few pictures of the menu to share if anybody reading were ever to visit. Their glassy shrimp with chilli, lime and garlic sauce is mouthwatering (have this 99% of the time when I go for dinner). This plate is not for the faint-hearted, if you have a good spice tolerance you'll love it. If not, you'll need a few glasses of milk to help you get through the night. It is great value for money too $99 for 10 shrimps! Not bad eh?


If it's a special occasion I order one of the two dishes below with a bowl of rice. Their Tom Yum Kung is one of the best I have had in Hong Kong, very authentic. Spicy, sour goodness (with a hint of sweet)! The Prawns in chilli garlic gravy is a great dish to share, I've ordered it three times now and they cook it perfectly and plate looks how it does in the picture when they serve it.

If you are ever in Wan Chai, Racha Moo Yang is open all day and most of the night. So if you have some late night munchies after a few drinks or just wandering around, keep this place in mind! There's always two Thai women running the place regardless of the time.

Racha Moo Yang
Shop AB, 87 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai




No comments:

Post a Comment